These cookies have a very espresso-ey taste, and with double chocolate it’s a perfect flavour combination. Slightly bitter from the coffee and the dark chocolate, and a little bit of sweetness, but not too much. Full of healthy rolled oats to make them healthier and more chewy. The perfect snack for the morning coffee or tea.
Like cookies in general? Then check out these:
Makes about 14 big cookies
- 5 dl organic rolled oats (2 cups)
- 3.5 dl white organic flour (1½ cup)
- 2.5 dl brown sugar (1 cup)
- 2.5 dl vegan dark chocolate chips (1 cup)
- 1.2 dl raw cacao powder (½ cup)
- 1.2 dl vegan butter (½ cup)
- 160ml espresso (2/3 cup)
- 1 teaspoon salt
What you will need
- Espresso maker / french press / moka pot
- Microwave and small bowl or small pot
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- 1 big bowl
- 1 spoon to stir
- 1 strainer
- Baking trays + baking paper
- Make the espresso. Melt the butter in either the microwave or in a small pot. Measure both and put in a big bowl. Add in the salt and brown sugar, mix well. Then add in the rolled oats and chocolate chips, mix well.
- Sift in the raw coco powder and mix well. Then sift in the flour. Gently knead everything together. Refrigerate while the oven is preheating.
- Preheat the oven to 180c (350) and prepare a baking tray with baking paper.
- Scoop out about a 2 tablespoons of cookie dough onto the baking tray. Shape into the cookie shape that you prefer – unlike normal cookie dough this wont spread out and expand because of the oats – so make the shape you want the end result to be. For a more round cookie shape try and shape a bit round and flat, for a more rustique look just put on tray and squish flat.
- Make about 9 cookies per tray or so.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180c (350 F) the middle of the oven on normal setting for about 16-18 minutes.
- They will not feel fully baked, but they will harden once they come out and cool down, but they will still have a very chewy texture.
- Take out and let the cookies rest on a wire rack. Then continue to bake the other trays until all cookies are baked.