A very easy to make and tasty pie ! Easy because there’s no dough to make, this is the lazy vegan style pie, so find a vegan pie crust in the supermarket (most are vegan to begin with, just check the ingredient list to be sure), and spent more time instead having fun decorating the pie with fun and beautiful patterns.
Slightly sweet but not too much, and a great mixed taste from both the blueberries and the mango.
Makes one 32 cm / 12.5 inch pie
- 2 x 280g vegan premade round pie dough (2 x 9.9 oz)
- 500g fresh blueberries (17.6 oz)
- 1 fresh mango
- 2.5 dl organic white flour (1 cup)
- 1.2 dl granulated sugar (½ cup)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter for greasing
- Maple syrup for brushing (optionally)
What you will need
- 1 pie dish 32 cm / 12.5 inches in diameter
- 1 strainer
- Cutting board and knife
- 1 blender
- Measuring spoons
- 1 measuring cup
- 1 big bowl
- 1 spoon to stir
- 1 fork
- 1 brush (optionally)
- Preheat the oven to 180c (350 F).
- Wash the blueberries in a strainer over the sink. Let sit to drip remaining water off. Make sure the pie dough is cooled and in the fridge.
- Slice the mango down the long side on both sides. Peel the mango like shown above with a glass. Cut excess peel off the seed part and chop off the last mango. Put into a blender with the sugar, apple cider vinegar, chia seeds and salt. Blend smooth.
- Add the mango mixture to a big bowl and add in the blueberries, mix.
- Add in the baking powder and the flour and mix very well.
- Take your pie dish and coat it in a thin layer of vegan butter. Put over the premade vegan pie dough and fit it to the dish. Make small holes in the dough with a fork, then pour in the blueberry mango mixture and spread it out evenly.
- Take the last dough piece, shape into the pattern you like and top the pie with the dough and make a ruffled pattern and the edges of the pie. Brush dough with maple syrup (optionally).
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180c (350 F) in the middle of the oven on normal setting for as long as the recommended time on the premade package says (every premade dough can be different), or until the crust looks golden and the blueberries are slightly simmering. My package recommended 40 minutes, I baked it 42 minutes and it gave a perfect result.
- Take out and let fully cool down before cutting and serving. As shown on the photos I have spread out some of the blueberry juice, just for aesthetic purposes. Serve with fresh blueberries.