This was a very spontanueous "empty the fridge and pantry" idea.. It was just what I had on hand. This can so easily be modified to your very own creative puff pastry tart!
No strawberry jam? Then use whichever one you have at home!
No coconut sugar? Then use brown or white.
No mango or fresh blueberries? Use frozen berries or other fresh fruit you like and what you have on hand.
Top with nuts and seeds of choice! True quarantine cuisine style!
Makes 1 big tart
- 1 ready made vegan puff pastry dough (round)
- 1/2 mango
- 1 handful fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons unrefines coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- Chopped pistachios
- Hemp hearts / seeds
What you will need
- 1 pie dish
- baking paper / i used the one the dough came rolled in
- cutting board and knife
- 1 cup for mango peeling (see video)
- measuring spoons
Mango hack ! It will never be the same again!
- Preheat the oven to 175c (350 F)
- Roll out the vegan puff pastry. It usually comes rolled in a baking paper, leave in on the paper and fit it into the pie dish making sure all dough sits flush with the dish and on the edge as well.
- Spread the jam evenly on the dough.
- Peel the 1/2 mango off the skin, slice thinly, decorate the tart evenly. Fill out the gaps with fresh blueberries.
- Sprinkle on top the unrefined coconut sugar and lime juice.
- Bake as per instructions of the ready made puff pastry, as baking times can vary from brand to brand, take out when puffed up and golden. I baked mine on 175c (350 F), in the middle of the oven on normal setting for about 35-40 minutes.
- Granish with chopped pistacios and hemp hearts