These cookies are a sweet treat, with that bold chocolate flavour melting on the inside.
Not too sweet, mostly chocolatey. Crunchy on the outside, but chewy on the inside.
This recipe is my first ever try on making cookies, and I simply just looked at many different recipes online to see how the texture of the cookies looked before baking them. I was trying to make something different but with that similar texture, and a better result. Husband's request, husband approved.
Like cookies in general? Then check out these:
Makes about 40 cookies
- 5 dl of organic white flour (2 cups)
- 1.2 dl granulated sugar (½ cup)
- 1.2 dl brown sugar (½ cup)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 200-250 g chopped dark vegan chocolate (0.45 - 0.55 lbs)
- 1.2 dl melted coconut oil (½ cup)
- 2.5 dl plant milk (1 cup)
What you will need
- 1 big bowl
- 1 spoon to stir
- 1 measuring cup
- 1 teaspoon to measure
- Microwave or pot to melt
- Baking paper
- Put the flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, vanilla sugar and salt in the big bowl. Mix all the dry ingredients together very well so no big chunks of brown sugar is there.
- Chop all the dark vegan chocolate, I use 60-70 % big chocolate bars for cooking and chop them. Size the chunks as you prefer them in the cookies, I chop both smaller and bigger chunks. Add the chunks to the big bowl.
- If you live in a hot place you might not need to melt your coconut oil, but if your coconut oil is hardened or refrigerated, it should be melted. Fill up half a bowl with the oil, and microwave until liquid. If you do not have a microwave then heat it in a small pot.
- Add the coconut oil to the dry mixture, along the plant milk of choice. The texture of the dough should be a little thick like pictured above. Then refrigerate for about half an hour, so the batter has set and the batter is ready to be worked with.
- After 30 minutes in the fridge roll small round balls in your hand and place on the baking paper on the oven rack. Place the balls about 4-5 cm (2 inches) apart. The balls should be round, but once the coconut oil, sugar and other ingredients melt, the cookies will flatten while cooking and make very round cookies. I can fit 20 cookies on a standard 40 x 30 cm (12 x 16 inch). So use two trays for this recipe, but bake them separately.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven at 180 c (350 F) on normal setting for about 15 minutes, or until they start to brown. The cookies might feel spongy, but when they’re finished cooling down, they will get crisp on the outside, but stay spongy and chewy on the inside.
- Let them cool down completely before eating, and store in a cookie jar.