Hmm, I was wondering, is it a mousse or is it a pudding?
It is certainly very airy and full of air pockets, but it also has that creaminess a denseness as a pudding has. But... a pudding is heated and then cooled down, not fluffed air into, unlike a mousse that is not heated but fluffed up instead.
So this is not heated and it is fluffed up with air and does has many air pockets but is still a hybrid with a pudding texture.. so, I guess it´s a mousse. A mousse pudding. Sort of.
Anyway, it is very light and delicious. It has a good hint of coconut, but it is certainly not overpoweringly bounty-ish, but it has a slight bounty taste. Classy.
A great tip though: its amazing to freeze it in a closed tupperware overnight or until frozen, then put into the fridge 30 minutes before eating, it will make the creamiest most delicious ice cream ! My husband prefers it this way !
- 400g silken tofu (14.1 oz)
- 2.5 dl full fat coconut cream (from a can of full fat coconut milk**) (1 cup)
- 0.6 dl raw cocoa powder (1/4 cup)
- 1 dl agave syrup (0.4 cups)
- Coconut sprinkle
- Fresh fruit of choice
What you will need
- 1 big bowl
- 1 hand mixer
- 1 measuring cup
- 4 serving glasses
- First ! Make sure you have put the full fat coconut milk into the fridge overnight. This will separate the cream from the water. The thick cream will be at the top and the coconut water will go to the bottom. When taking the water away, flip the can and open it, the water will appear at the top. Pour out the water (save for smoothies etc etc), and scoop out the cream and set aside.
- Put all the ingredients for the mousse into a big bowl.
- Stir the ingredients a bit together before using the hand mixer, this prevents the raw cocoa from flying everywhere.
- Mix for a few minutes until it looks completely smooth and fluffed up. A lot of air should have been put into the mousse making it very puffy.
- Pour the mixture evenly into 4 serving glasses. Cover and let cool down in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Take out just before serving and optionally garnish with fresh fruit and coconut sprinkle.