A nice dish if you have some good leftovers of jambalaya, add the homemade baked beans from scratch if desired, or use canned baked beans for ease. So many flavours here, mostly from the warm and delicious Cajun inspired spices in the Jambalaya and the roasted corn on the cob as well.
- 2 fresh corn on the cob
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grind black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Leftovers of Vegan Creole Rice / Red Jambalaya
- Two small portions of Vegan Baked Beans From Scratch or just canned baked beans
Topping ideas (optional)
- Pecan nuts
- Sliced yellow bell peppers
- Fresh cilantro
- 1/2 Avocado
What you will need
- Cutting board and knife
- 1 pot
- 1 ovenproof dish
- 1 small bowl + microwave
- 1 grater
- Measuring spoons
- 1 brush
- Make the Vegan Creole Rice / Red Jambalaya and the Vegan Baked Beans From Scratch. Optionally just make the Jambalaya and use canned baked beans.
- Preheat the oven to 200 c (390 F).
- Wash the corn. Put in a pot with boiling water that´s slightly salted. Boil for about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl put in the vegan butter, grated garlic clove, oregano, thyme, cayenne, salt and pepper. Microwave for a few seconds until melted. Mix.
- Drain the corn and put into an ovenproof dish. Brush the butter mix evenly on the cob. Bake in a preheated oven on 200 c (390 F) in the middle of the oven on convection for about 15 minutes or until they start to brown.
- If wanting oven baked beans, add the beans to a vegan butter greased oven proof dish and put into the oven with the corn.
- Serve the baked beans, Cajun corn and Red Jambalaya with toppings like pecans, sliced yellow bell pepper, cilantro and avocado.