This wrap is very sweet but also have some savoury taste to it from the spread and the tahini... kinda weird... but it works.
I love this wrap, its very creamy. The avocado, sweet potato, pear and the spread is all very creamy and are the softer ingredients in this wrap.
Then the sprouts and cucumber is the firmer parts. If you like you wrap crunchy inside this is not it, it’s soft and smooth, but in a good way ! If you wish to make it more firm then you could substitute avocado with carrot and add some salad too if you wish.
The caramelized pear works so well with the tahini, and the sweet potato works so well with the pear and the tahini, they kinda go all hand in hand !
Like wraps? Check out the Baba Ganoush & Caramelized Onion Wrap
Makes 4 wraps
- 8 pieces 20 cm (8 inch) tortilla wraps
- Caramelized Red Onion Sunflower Spread
- 1 bug long sweet potato
- 2 pears
- 1 avocados
- ½ cucumber
- 1 small handful sprouts
- 1 tablespoon plant oil
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Few teaspoons of tahini
What you will need
- Cutting board and knife
- 1 fork
- Baking paper / silicone mat / oven proof dish
- 1 pan
- 1 spatula
- Make sure you have the Caramelized Red Onion Sunflower Spread ready, or have any other spread / dip ready you’d like in the wrap.
- Wash and brush the sweet potato, you just want to get the dirt off them but keep the skins. With a fork stick some small holes in the sweet potatoes.
- Put it on baking paper or in an oven proof dish and put it in the oven at 200 c (390 F) on convection. No need to preheat, just put it in. Bake for about 45 minutes, but the time may vary depending on the thickness of the sweet potato.
- Chop the pear in halves on its long side, then in quarters. Remove the hard seedy part in the middle and the stem. Chop the quarters in halves again, so you end up with 8 evenly sized pieces for each pear.
- Put the pears in a pan with the oil, maple syrup and salt and pepper to taste. Turn the heat on high and let fry well on both sides until caramelized and golden. Then turn the heat off and let cool down.
- Chop the avocado in half, then deseed. Thinly slice the avocado in its shell, the scoop it out with a spoon. Then chop thick nice slices of cucumber about 2-3 cm thick (about 1 inch).
- When the sweet potato has fully baked, take it out of the oven and let cool down for a bit, then chop in thick slices.
- Prepare the wraps. Either heat the tortilla wraps in a pan or in the oven. Just slightly heat the wraps, or else they become too crispy to wrap properly.
- Assemble the wrap: Here I use 2 smaller tortilla wraps to make one wrap as shown in the video. Put a generous amount of Caramelized Red Onion Sunflower Spread on each wrap, then place the vegetables on top as shown.
- Drizzle with some tahini and add salt and pepper to taste and wrap it up!