A very hearty autumn and wintery dish. Lots of creamy green peas, full of herbs and the refreshing mint to lift the flavours and the soft potato gnocchi. Topped with savoury and umami slightly crisp mushrooms.
Serves 2 very big portions like pictured, but could serve 3 as well, or many more as a starter.
Like gnocchi in general? Then check out these other recipes:
- Vegan Roasted Bell Pepper & Gnocchi
- Vegan Asparagus Oyster Mushroom Gnocchi
- Herbal Butteres Gnocchi & Tomatoes
- Vegan Gnocchi Peas & Cherry Tomatoes
- 500g ready made vegan potato gnocchi (17.6 oz)
- 450g frozen peas (15.9 oz)
- 200ml soy cream (8.5 oz)
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 10g fresh chives (0.35 oz)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped mint
- 1 teaspoon dried vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Unsweetened plant milk or water as desired to make more saucy
- 250g brown cremini mushrooms (8.8 oz)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
What you will need
- Cutting board and knife
- 1 pan + spoon to stir
- Measuring spoons
- 1 pot for gnocchi
- 1 strainer
- Clean the mushroom by either washing and drying or dry brush them. Slice thinly and add to a pan. Turn heat on high and dry cook them. No oil or water is needed, they contain lots of water. Continue to fry until water had evaporated and they become dry and almost crisp. Stir occasionally.
- Add in the oil, soy sauce and ginger. Continue to fry until slightly crisp on medium heat, then set aside.
- Peel and chop the onion and garlic. Add to the pan with the oil and sweat.
- Then add in the frozen peas, soy cream, vegetable stock, oregano, thyme and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a simmer.
- Finely chop the mint and chives. Add to the pan, simmer on low.
- Boil the gnocchi according to the package. There are done cooking when they float to the top, this takes usually about 2-3 minutes. Strain and add to the pan. Add salt and pepper to taste. If too thick add some unsweetened plant milk or water to desired texture.
- Serve the peas and gnocchi topped with the crisp mushrooms and fresh chives.