This green energy bomb of a smoothie is part of my Rainbow smoothies series. Eating all the colours of the rainbow with fruit and veggies gives you the best variety of food and offers your body a colourful array of nutrition.
I wanna make a smoothie for every colour of the rainbow. Here's a few of them so far if you'd like to add more colour to your diet:
- White Golden Honeydew Melon Smoothie
- Yellow Mango Donut Peach Smoothie
- Pink Strawberry Banana Coconut Smoothie
- Violet Pineapple Blueberry Smoothie
- Purple Wild Blueberry Smoothie
- Crimson Red Beet Root Raspberry Smoothie
Serves 2 big jars
- 7 dl of fresh spinach (3 cups)
- 3 stalks of celery
- ½ cucumber
- 3.5 dl frozen green grapes (1 1/2 cup)
- 1 banana
- 3 scoops of vanilla soy ice cream
- 2.5 dl of plant milk (1 cup)
- 1 Banana
- A couple of green grapes
- Chia seeds
- Fresh mint
What you will need
- 1 big bowl
- 1 blender or stick blender
- Cutting board and knife for toppings / decorations (optional)
- Transfer all the ingredients to the big bowl and blend them smooth.
- Fill up the jars or glasses.
- (Optional) Decorate with the toppings. Slice the banana into a few round slices or cut the vertically for a flamboyant look. Slice the grapes in half and add to the top and sprinkle with a few chia seeds or sprigs of mint.
- Drink it with a reusuable straw or a spoon.