These cute little pancakes are easy to make and don’t contain ingredients that are hard to come by. You might have it all already.
These are small sized pancakes are perfect for children or just people that like a tall stack of pancakes without eating too many of them.
You dont need many of these to get a tall beautiful stack, that you can decorate with fresh fruit and maple syrup !
These pancakes can be enjoyed with any topping you like, like sugar, cinnamon, powdered sugar, lemon or jam, like the Strawberry Jamsine Peach Jam.
Like pancakes in general? Then check out these:
- Cherokee Corn Pones / Johnny Cakes
- Vegan Klatkager / Danish Rice Cakes
- Vegan Blueberry Pancakes
- Vegan Beer Pancakes & Blackberries
Makes 20-25 mini pancakes
- 2 ripe bananas
- 5 dl plant milk (2 cups)
- 5 dl organic white flour (2 cups)
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Vegan butter or margarine to fry
What you will need
- 1 bowl
- 1 stick blender / normal blender
- 1 Pan
- A spatula
- Maple syrup
- Strawberry Jasmine Peach Jam
- Put all the ingredients into a bowl and blend. If you don’t have a stick blender then use a normal blender. Let the batter rest for at least 15 minutes.
- Turn the heat on high on the pan and butter well. The first pancakes always seem to fail for many, it comes down to the pan still heating up, maybe being too hot and having too little butter for the first batch of pancakes being made. So buttering the pan well from the start is key, and having the pan on high from start is okay, but once it has reached a good temperature, turn the heat on medium. This will make sure that the these thicker small pancakes will have fully baked in the middle, without being burned on the outside.
- On a 27cm (10.6 inch) pan make 3 or 4 small pancakes at the time, if you have a bigger or smaller pan adjust accordingly to how you prefer it.
- Turn the pancakes after a few minutes and bake them for another few minutes on the other side. Flip the pancake when the wet dough has darkened on top and the little bubbles have set. Like you see above.
- When you have finished all the pancakes decorate with the topping that you like.