Sweet onion dressing. Perfect for a good sandwich, wrap, burger, burrito or salad. The texture is slightly runny, if you wish to make it thick you can always add some a little bit flour to thicken it, but make sure to mix it all well and let it simmer for a while.
This dressing is used in the Vegan Mushroom Beet Soy Granule Burger.
Makes about 150 ml (5 oz)
- 0.6 dl yellow onions (1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened soy milk
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1½ tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- ½ tablespoon balsamico
- ½ tablespoon vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What you will need
- Cutting board and knife
- 1 measuring cup
- Spoons to measure
- 1 small pot
- 1 spoon to stir
- 1 stick blender
- Chop the yellow onion and put in a pot with the oil, agave syrup, balsamico, vinegar and mustard seeds. Turn the heat on high and bring to a simmer.
- When brought to a simmer add in the water, soy milk, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer. When the onions are soft turn off the heat.
- Blend with a stick blender until completely smooth.
- Store in a container of choice. Let cool down and store in the fridge. Good for wraps, sandwiches, salads, burgers etc.