Don’t want to cook? Too overheated and dizzy from the summer heat? Don't want hot food? Well here you go, a colourful springy and summery side dish (which of course can be devoured as a lunch or main for 2 or 1).
This summer I’m gonna focus a lot on healthy, easy and very colourful salads. What I usually do is use 1 typical main salad ingredient, here fx the tomato and cucumber, but always add one fruity ingredient and one kind of nut or seed, and a special dressing that pairs well with it ! So if you’re just a bit like me and just loathe the summer heat and need something cooling and fresh, this is it !
Like salads in general? Then check out these
Serves 4 as side dish
- 1 cucumber
- 250g blueberries (8.8 oz)
- 250g mixed colour cherry tomatoes (8.8 oz)
- 1 handful pecan nuts
- Fresh basil as desired
- 2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon good fruity olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamico
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- Zest from 1 lemon (organic!)
- Freshly grind black pepper to taste
What you will need
- 1 strainer
- Cutting board and knife
- 1 small bowl
- 1 measuring spoon
- 1 grater
- Wash all the cherry tomatoes and blueberries using the strainer. Wash the cucumber. Let dry.
- Chop the ends off the cucumber, then chop into bigger half moon slices. Chop the tomatoes in half. Add in the blueberries whole.
- Sprinkle with a handful of pecans and add fresh basil as desired whole.
- Grate zest of one lemon. Add to a small bowl. Add in the freshly squeezed lemon juice, the good olive oil, balsamico and agave syrup. Mix well. Add pepper to taste.
- Drizzle about half over the salad and mix. The rest can be added as desired on the side. Some people like it with less and some with more.