Don’t want to cook? Too overheated and dizzy from the summer heat? Don't want hot food? Well here you go, a colourful springy and summery side dish (which of course can be devoured as a lunch or main for 2 or 1).
This summer I’m gonna focus a lot on healthy, easy and very colourful salads. What I usually do is use 1 or 2 typical main salad ingredients, here fx the rocket and bell pepper, but I always add one fruity ingredient and one kind of nut or seed an dries fruit, and a special dressing that pairs well with it ! So if you’re just a bit like me and just loathe the summer heat and need something cooling and fresh, this is it !
Like salads in general? Then check out these
Serves 4 as side dish
- 100g macadamia nuts (3.5 oz)
- 60g physalis / pineapple ground cherry / Inca berry (2.1 oz)
- 50g ruccola / rocket / arugula (1.8 oz)
- 1 ripe pear
- ½ pomegranate
- ½ yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 small handful yellow / golden raisins
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons fruity extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Black pepper to taste
What you will need
- 1 serving dish (I used a pie dish)
- Cutting board and knife
- 1 small bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Wash all the fresh salad ingredients and let dry.
- Mix the dressing in a small bowl.
- Lay a bed of ruccola as a start. Chop the ends off the pear and quarter it. Chop the hard interior out and cut into wedges. Arrange on top of the green.
- Deseed and chop the yellow bell pepper into desired sized chunks. Peel and finely chop the red onion. Half the physalis. Arrange on the dish.
- Chop the ends off the pomegranate and pick out the edible red parts. Sprinkle over the salad along with the raisins and macadamia nuts.
- Drizzle on top about half of the tahini lemon dressing. Leave the rest on the side. Some like more dressing, some like it with less. Serve straight away.