Don’t want to cook? Too overheated and dizzy from the summer heat? Don't want hot food? Or you just want a super nice side dish? Well here you go, a colourful springy and summery side dish (which of course can be devoured as a lunch or main for 2 or 1).
This summer I’m gonna focus a lot on healthy, easy and very colourful salads. What I usually do is use 1 or 2 typical main salad ingredients, here fx the tomato and cucumber, but I always add one fruity ingredient and one kind of nut or seed an dried fruit, and a special dressing that pairs well with it ! So if you’re just a bit like me and just loathe the summer heat and need something cooling and fresh, this is it !
Like salads in general? Then check out these
Serves 4 as side dish, 2 as a good snack
- 250g yellow and orange cherry tomatoes (8.8 oz)
- 70g fresh spinach (2.5 oz)
- ½ cucumber
- ½ red onion
- 1 handful radishes
- 1 handful raspberries
- 1 handful goji berries
- 1 handful almonds
- Freshly cut chives as desired
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fruity olive oil
- 1 tablespoon elderflower sirup
- Zest of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
What you will need
- Cutting board and knife
- 1 wide salad bowl
- 1 small bowl for dressing
- Measuring spoons
- 1 grater
- Wash all veggies. Lay a bed of spinach and decorate on top as pictured if you like.
- Chop the cherry tomato in half and add. Chop the cucumber in round slices and add.
- Peel and very thinly slice the red onion. Chop the ends of the radishes and thinly slice. Add to the dish with the whole raspberries.
- Sprinkle with the goji berries and almonds, top with chives.
- Whisk all ingredients together for the dressing and drizzle half of it over the salad. Leave the rest and add as you please, some like more or less dressing.