So I made this recipe a while back, just posted the photo on various facebook groups and on my page, I did not do the usual step by step photos as a usually do, so i did not put the recipe online, but people really wanted the recipe. Luckily I did remember what I put in, so here is a simply recipe without the step by step photos. Just as simple to make as as the recipe is simplefied as well. But oh so delicious!
Like gnocchi in general? Then check out these recipes:
- Vegan Potato Gnocchi Peas & Mushrooms
- Herbal Buttered Gnocchi & Tomatoes
- Vegan Asparagus Oyster Mushroom Gnocchi
- Vegan Roasted Bell Pepper & Gnocchi
- 1kg premade vegan gnocchi (2.2 lbs)
- 600g frozen peas (21.2 oz)
- 200g cherry tomatoes (7.05 oz)
- 200ml soy cream + water as needed (6.8 oz)
- 4 tablespoons vegan butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 red onion
- 4 stalks of spring onion
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 big handful curly parsley
- 1 handful basil
- 1 small handful chives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grind nutmeg
- salt & pepper to taste
What you will need
- Cutting board and knife
- 1 ovenproof dish
- 1 pan + spoon to stir
- 1 pot
- Measuring spoons
- Bake cherry tomatoes on convection 200c (390 F), until wrinkly, 20 minutes or so.
- Boil water in a pot for gnocchi, it needs to be crazy boiling, with some salt.
- Finely slice red onion and spring onion, sweat in a pan with olive oil, dried vegetable stock and nutmeg.
- Finely chop parsley, add to pan with vegan butter, sweat.
- Add frozen peas, soy cream and all other herbs, finely chopped.
- Grate in the garlic cloves, add water as needed to almost cover and make saucy ad add in the nutritional yeast, simmer for about 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Boil gnocchi, until they float to the top, this goes really fast. Drain and add to sauce, serve with roasted cherry tomatoes on top, fresh basil and chives.