Parsley pesto with a flavourful hint of fresh basil. Pine nutty earthiness, cheesy nutritional yeast and spiced with salt and pepper. Use a VERY good olive oil for this, as you will end up using a lot of it, and the flavour from the oil will be prevalent, so use a delicious and fruity one.
Like pesto in general? Then check out this:
Makes about 400 ml (13.5 oz)
- 100g fresh green curly parsley (3.5 oz)
- 20g fresh green basil (0.7 oz)
- 90g pine nuts (3.2 oz)
- 2.5 dl very good organic extra virgin olive oil (1 cup)
- 3 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly grind pepper
What you will need
- 1 big bowl + 1 stick blender
- OR 1 blender
- Measuring spoons
- Wash the herbs thoroughly. Shake dry and pat dry.
- Add the parsley, basil, pine nuts, olive oil, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper to a big bowl or a blender.
- Blend smooth in the blender, or blend smooth in the bowl with the stick blender.
- Add to an airtight container, keep refrigerated for about 4-5 days.
- Can be enjoyed in sandwiches, wraps, burgers, dressing, or with pasta like in the Vegan Pasta Parsley Pesto & Asparagus like pictured.