When you crave that little cheese flavour in your life - sprinkle this - on everything !
Good on pasta dishes, in salads or other savoury dishes that needs that extra kick. Super cheesy flavour and the coconut makes it feel like it melts on your tongue, but don’t add that coconut flavour.
One thing to be aware of when making this, is that not all nutritional yeast flakes tastes the same. Some have a strong cheesy flavour to them, others tend to taste like paper or nothing. Be sure to find a good brand that has that good cheesy flavour, to make this parmesan taste amazing.
This sprinkle can be topped on and used in these dishes:
- Vegan Slow Cooked Spaghetti Bolognese
- Vegan Spaghetti Meatless Meatballs
- Slow Cooked Pasta Marinara – Tomasta
- Vegan Soy Granule Lasagna Mornay Sauce
- Vegan Melanzane Mornay Sauce
- Vegan Pasta Pesto Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- Vegan Meatless Meatball Sub
- Vegan Caramelized Shallot Risotto
- Pasta Penne Al'Arrabiata
But feel free to use it on what ever dish you like to cheese up your life !
Makes 1 cup
- 1.2 dl nutritional yeast (½ cup)
- 1.2 dl cashew nuts (½ cup)
- 2 teaspoons coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Nutmeg to taste (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
What you will need
- 1 cup to measure
- 1 spoon to measure
- 1 bender
- 1 tight lid storage or glass jar
- Measure the nutritional yeast and cashew nut. Use unsalted nuts if possible, but salted are ok, but then you might want to avoid putting more salt in later.
- Put the nutritional yeast and cashews in a blender with the coconut flour, paprika and some nutmeg, and a bit of salt and pepper.
- Blend until smooth and powdery. You can also blend it less if you like it more crunchy and have some texture to the nuts.
Use this vegan parmesan sprinkle on what you'd like to taste cheesy !