This is the fastest to make quicky pickle salad, and its so refreshing and flavourful. The ume su and the ginger is such a great combinations and the watery refreshing cucumber in those slim long noodle shapes is just gorgeous to look at really. Besides looking and tasting good it also acts as a very good palate cleanser and therefore a really good side dish to very flavourful main courses.
Serves 4 as side dish
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ume su / umeboshi / Japanese plum vinegar
- ½ thumb grated ginger
- Sesame seeds
What you will need
- Cutting board and knife
- 1 mandolin
- 1 big bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Wash and chop the ends off the cucumber. Slice it with a mandolin in the thin setting and then add to a bowl.
- Peel and finely grate the ginger.
- Add the ginger and the rest of the ingredients to the cucumber and fold the cucumber slices to incorporate it into the sauce, without breaking the cucumber.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve straight away.