Another take on the Thai curry, beautifully yellow instead of the usual green or red curry. Full of fresh vegetables, cut into big chunks, just cooked enough to still have lots of bite. Be careful not to overcook the vegetables, they’re best in a coconut curry when still crisp and colourful. Mellow turmeric taste and gorgeous yellow, easy to make and full of marinated tofu and very saucy.
Like curries in general? Then check out these recipes.
- Vegan Seitan Sweet Potato Kofta Makhani
- Vegan Punjabi Style Palak Tofu ‘Paneer’
- Sweet Potato Chana Masala
- Vegan Red Thai Coconut Curry
- Rice Noodle Coconut Green Curry Soup
Tofu & marinade
- 500g firm tofu (17.6 oz)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 liter full fat coconut milk (33.8 oz)
- 3-4 carrots
- 200g sugar snap peas (7 oz)
- 125g fresh baby corn (4.4 oz)
- 1½ red bell pepper
- 2 yellow onions
- 3 thumbs of freshly grated ginger
- 8 garlic cloves
- 5 teaspoons east Indian curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon mango powder
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Fresh sprouts
- Spring onions
- Sesame seeds
What you will need
- Cutting board and knife
- 1 vegetable peeler
- 1 wok
- 1 spoon to stir
- 1 grater
- Measuring spoons
- Pot for rice
- Optionally: take the tofu out of its package. Drain, bag and freeze overnight. Thaw in the fridge the next morning. Drain tofu again. This will make it super fluffy.
- Chop the tofu into smaller cubes. In a small bowl mix all of the marinade. First put the marinade into a pan then the tofu. Turn heat to medium. Flip them to get a golden crust evenly. When finished turn heat off and set aide.
- Wash all the vegetables. Peel and roughly chop the onions. Add to the wok with the whole baby corn.
- Peel the carrot and julienne them. Add to the wok with the oil, curry powder, coriander, cumin, chili flakes and mango powder. Turn the heat on high, fry for about 3 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Roughly chop the red bell pepper. Chop the ends off the sugar snap peas. Peel and finely slice the garlic. Peel and grate the ginger finely. Add in all together when the onions are translucent and mix well. Fry for about 3 minutes.
- Add in the coconut milk. Stir and put the lid on. Bring to simmer on medium and simmer for about 4-5 minutes.
- Then add the marinated tofu, sliced spring onion and soy sauce. Simmer for about a minute.
- Serve with jasmine rice. Top with fresh sprouts, sliced spring onion and sesame seeds.