This colourful crimson red smoothie is a part of my rainbow smoothie series, where I want to make a smoothie for every colour of the rainbow.
Eating all the colours of the rainbow with fruit and veggies gives you the best variety of food and offers your body a colourful array of nutrition.
Here's a few of the colourful smoothies, if you'd like to add more colour to your diet:
- White Golden Honeydew Melon Smoothie
- Yellow Mango Donut Peach Smoothie
- Green Spinach Celery Cucumber Smoothie
- Pink Strawberry Banana Coconut Smoothie
- Violet Pineapple Blueberry Smoothie
- Purple Wild Blueberry Smoothie
Serves 2 jars as pictured
- 5 dl beetroot juice (2 cups)
- 5 dl frozen raspberries (2 cups)
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1½ thumb ginger
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
Topping Suggestions (optional)
- Sliced apple
- Chia seeds
- Sliced banana
What you will need
- 1 big bowl and 1 stick blender or
- 1 blender
- 1 measuring cup
- Cutting board and knife
- 1 grater
- 1 spoon to measure
- If you use a stick blender put the following ingredients in a bowl, or else put them directly in you blender.
- Put the frozen banana and raspberry in the bowl along with the beetroot juice and maple syrup.
- Peel the ginger and finely grate it into the bowl.
- Blend the mixture until completely smooth.
- Pour in big serving glasses or jars. Top with fresh fruit and seeds of choice, drink with a reusable straw.