This colourful yellow smoothie is a part of my rainbow smoothie series, where I want to make a smoothie for every colour of the rainbow.
Eating all the colours of the rainbow with fruit and veggies gives you the best variety of food and offers your body a colourful array of nutrition.
Here's a few of the colourful smoothies, if you'd like to add more colour to your diet:
- White Golden Honeydew Melon Smoothie
- Green Spinach Celery Cucumber Smoothie
- Pink Strawberry Banana Coconut Smoothie
- Violet Pineapple Blueberry Smoothie
- Purple Wild Blueberry Smoothie
- Crimson Red Beet Root Raspberry Smoothie
In this smoothie I added some vegetable to make it more healthy. The fruits sweeten the drink so you wont have that savoury flavour in your morning drink ! This smoothies has a slight piquant flavour to it, and the sweetnes of the fruits balances it out.
- 1 ripe mango
- 5 donut peaches aka UFO's
- ½ yellow bell pepper
- 4 scoops of vegan coconut ice cream, or frozen coconut cream
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 donut peach, cut delicately
- Maple syrup
- Chia seeds
What you will need
- Cutting board and knife
- 1 blender or stick blender
- 1 cup
- Reuseable straws
- Cut the mango’s two thick meaty sides off, so you’re left with the big seed. To remove the skin of the mango use a cup. See above.
- Cut the mango into bigger chunks and transfer to the bowl. Also cut the skin off the seed part and add the rest of the yellow fruit.
- Cut the donut peaches into big chunks, leave the skin on, and transfer it to the bowl.
- Cut and deseed the yellow pepper, and cut into chunks.
- Scoop the vegan coconut ice cream into the bowl.
- Add the maple syrup and blend everything smooth.
- (Optional) Serve with toppings like fresh nectarine, mango, maple syrup and chia seeds.